The DS3 range is very comprehensive, has changed over time and so can be quite confusing! Here is a brief introduction, but by no means a definitive guide, to help make it a little easier to understand:
- Initially there were three trim levels in the DS3 range which started with the DSIGN, had the DSTYLE in the middle and the DSPORT at the top. As standard, each level had progressively more features than the one before it. The DSTYLE and DSPORT models were also offered with a choice of petrol or diesel engines.
- To help customers choose from the huge range of options available for each model, Citroen brought the options together into seven different ‘TOUCH’ packages.
- The 'PLUS' pack was introduced as an upgrade offering new colours and including more options together with a choice of petrol or diesel engines as the DSIGN PLUS, DSTYLE PLUS and DSPORT PLUS.
- The range was expanded in 2013 with the addition of the DS3 CABRIO and CABRIO PLUS.
- Early in 2016 the DS3 received a facelift and was relaunched by 'DS Automobiles' as part of their separation from Citroën to become a standalone brand. The revised model no longer featured Citroën badges and had the DS badge featuring prominently on the front grille. The trim level names were also changed from DSIGN, DSTYLE and DSPORT to CHIC, ELEGANCE and PRESTIGE. An ULTRA PRESTIGEmodel was also added.
- The facelifted model is identified by a revised front and rear design, plus a new range of Groupe PSA engines.
- In June 2016, DS Automobiles launched the 'DS3 Givenchy Le MakeUp' special edition in partnership with French luxury fashion and perfume company Givenchy.
- The 'DS3 Performance Line' was launched in September 2016 consisting performance styling such as gloss black alloy wheels, black contrasting roof colour, exterior stripe graphics and interior coloured stitching without any mechanical upgrades.